The Green Bay Metropolitan Sewerage District’s water resource utility, NEW Water, awarded a Silver Level Industrial Achievement Award to JBS USA Green Bay in recognition of the facility’s exceptional wastewater pretreatment performance in 2019. Each year, NEW Water acknowledges operations across three different award levels for the consecutive years they have fully complied with the program’s established wastewater discharge standards and requirements.
Green Bay attributes its award-winning performance to a number of facility practices, systems and initiatives, including:
• A best-in-class #2 grease operation
• A recently upgraded DAF (Dissolved Air Floatation) automation system
• A robust team composed of State of Wisconsin-certified environmental department wastewater operators and supervisors with relevant academic degrees (e.g. Environmental Conservation, Biology, Chemistry, etc.)
• A pursued focus on continuous education for team members
• Constant in-house lab testing to ensure proper biological system performance
• A culture of sharing best practices and assisting in other sustainability efforts throughout the plant
• Active participation in the environmental student advisory groups of the University of Wisconsin Green Bay, University of Wisconsin Platteville and Northeastern Wisconsin Technical College.
This accomplishment by our Green Bay team is a testament to the collective commitment of all JBS USA facilities to continuously ensure the wastewater we discharge meets or exceeds all regulatory and internal quality standards.