Increasing Solar Energy Use
Andrews Meat Industries is committed to practically reducing the environmental impact of operations through sustainable business practices, so the business has taken on the challenge to install JBS Australia’s second solar installation at the Lidcombe facility.
Covering almost 6,000 square meters, the installation will reduce the energy consumption at site by more than 20 percent. The 836 KW installation will generate 1,202 Megawatt hours per year – enough energy for a car to drive almost 76 million kilometers.
With JBS Australia’s focus on a sustainable future, as a market leader in the food service industry, Andrews Meat Industries is committed to sustainably meeting the needs of customers. The solar installation for Andrews follows in the footsteps of their recent sustainability initiatives including:
- Water consumption management through work practices and efficient wash-down equipment
- Use of environmentally safe cleaning detergents
- Recycling of cardboard and paper products
- LED lightening installation – upgrade stage one completed
- Reduction of transport movements through greater customer delivery consolidation